Closing the Gap.

You know, its so easy to live your life in a manner that is not conducive to a Christian lifestyle.
I am currently in one of those time of my life that I have widened that gap between Jesus and myself. This is something I have done and not even knowing it, its happened!
I get into the mundane pace of life, work, home, sleep that I have made no time for God in my life.
A few months ago, I would do so much and now.......I do nothing!

I was spending time in the word. Not as much as I should, but I was. I was learning what Jesus said and what God wants us to do and how to live.
I am not repenting anymore. I sin, like we all do, but I am not asking God for forgiveness and making a decision in my mind to change turn around.
I am most definitely not doing what the Bible says. I cant say I ever did, but sometimes I tried. Now...I am not doing anything.
I don't make time to pray. I don't speak to Jesus like I used to. I don't involved God in my life anymore.
I have never been a patient person, but my impatience has just peaked in the last few weeks.
I used to speak to people at work about God....now....nothing!

OK, so I wonder now why I am writing this....Well, because this cant go on any longer. Also, I think that many people go through the same periods where they don't even want to know God.
We are called into a PERSONAL relationship with Jesus. This means, involving Him in your daily living, decisions, doings, sayings and interactions.
How do we know what to do and say?  We refer to Gods Word for ideas!
The devil has won in the last few weeks, he has beaten me in decisions and now he is quite happy that I have walked away from Gods Way. Satan is rejoicing because he thinks he has won.
Well, He hasn't! Today is the day that it all gets turned around.

If you feel that you are in the same period as what I have written above, please can I ask you to seriously think about your direction.
I really needed a wake up about where I was heading. Although I don't wish to share what my wake up call was, I would like to share that it was something that is very close to my heart and I have to change the way I deal with things.
The way I was acting is NOT of God. It is not what the Bible teaches us and it is not how God wants us to live.
The last while has been a time of serious thought and I invite any of who are reading this to look at which direction you are travelling in.
Are you pointing up towards Jesus?  Or are you looking down towards satan?
Just remember, being a Christian is not easy at all!
It is much easier to slide downhill (satan) than to run uphill (God)!

This doesn't just involve changing the relationship I have with Jesus but it involves the way I look after myself, the responsibility I have as a Father and husband to my family and the responsibility I have to my fellow human race and neighbours.

Closing the gap between God and myself should be of primary importance now. I don't want to be far from God anymore. I don't want to have to reach and find nothing.
God is always there, He always knocks at the door and it is up to us to open for Him. God doesn't walk away from us, we are the ones that walk away from Him.
We make the choices....and the choices we make effects the way we live and our relationship with Christ.

In the last while, I have found that living without Christ has been very easy. In fact, certain actions just come so naturally, but if I look back at those actions, they are a disgrace to anything good or anything of Jesus!

Right, so what do we do to change? Here are a few things I can think of:
  • Praying continuously to God. This may be quiet time or in the car or wherever.
  • Asking for forgiveness and repenting of my actions.
  • Getting back to sharing with other Christ followers.
  • Following Jesus Example. This is probably the most difficult one.
  • Selective Love. This is something true to my heart. Loving enemies and "Being patient with other people".
  • Treat others as kindly as I would like to be treated.
  • Living a quiet life. This means minding your own business, working with your head and hands, being slow to talk and being quick to listen!
  • Practicing what you preach
Now is the time to look at your gap. If there is no gap, Bless you! If there is a gap, Bless you even more!

Thanks and praise to our merciful God who is always there, never runs from us, never condones our acts and loves us so much!
The choice is yours. Make the right choice!

Blessings.

Comments

Popular Posts