Colossians 1:3-14

Sometimes i just wonder if i thank God enough like Paul does in this letter to the Colossians.
I know i thank Him everyday when i pray, but then often i have the thought afterwards, did I thank Him in the right way and did i say everything that i should have or have I missed something?
I mean, He sent His only son Jesus Christ to suffer for me and you, He died a brutal death, He literally had meat and bones open for everyone to see...
If it wasnt for this, we would be dead to sin, stuck in this world with no hope, only the love of money, wealth and greed...but after that???
I dunno, i just always think about this when I have to thank God for stuff...

Heres a few reasons in this bit of text that I think We can thank God for:
-Verse 13 says He rescued us from the one who rules the kingdom of darkness
-Verse 14 - He purchased our freedom with His blood and had forgiven all our sins
-Verse 12 - We can share in the inheritance given only to Gods Holy people

Question...
Do we try thank God for everything that we have everyday, do we thank Him for things we remember? What are your thoughts?

The Reading...
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians%201:3-14&version=NIV

Comments

Popular Posts