I sin over and over, Am i still saved?

Well what did God say?

Titus 3:5-7 - he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.
He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior.

Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal.
I certainly think sometimes, sorry often, that I am just sinning over and over and over. I am a converted Christian, I have received the Holy Spirit, I have prayed to God for His forgiveness, His mercy, His peace in my life, His guidance in my life. After doing this frequently, I still sin, use bad language, gossip about others, have envy, have anger, short tempered....and I could go on and on.

With all of these things that I know I am doing, and they are against the will of God, am I still saved. Does God still love me? Am I good enough to have eternal life with God in heaven?
Sort of gets me down, like I cant stop doing these things. The word to think about here is
GRACE!

Through Gods grace, He sent His son Jesus to save us from sin. Yes, we sin, we all do, but we are saved. Then I ask the question, Is it right that after I have prayed, confessed, asked for forgiveness and then repented (turning away from a sin), and I still remain committing that sin, what is my stance with God then?
Lets start here. In Psalm 103:12, It says “As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed the transgressions from us”.
Matthew 18:21-22 where Peter asked Jesus how many times he needs to forgive his brother. He said “Should I forgive him 7 times?”. Jesus said “forgive him 77 times”.

No matter how many times we sin, God forgives us! Through His grace.
But then I read 1 John 3:9 - No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
But I am a born again Christian, am i Not??

Its the devils tactic to sow a seed in our heart to make us believe that there is no hope. That we are doomed for hell and that God is not strong enough to forgive us. And often, He wins.
The problem comes in where, when we commit the same sin over and over and you don’t feel guilty, I think then we are in major trouble. If you fell guilty about committing these sins over and over, that is Gods Spirit in your heart telling you so. The devil loves it when you commit sins over and over and he would never tell you that they are bad...He is the one saying it is OK. (Who would know? Is it important? Etc).

If we are expected to forgive 77 times, then how many more times will God forgive us! I think that when you repent, you should really try and commit the sin less and less, which means you are winning against evil. After awhile, the sin will disappear!
Don't try and do this alone. Our human strength is not strong enough. You NEED God in your life. You NEED to pray and ask for Gods intervention and you NEED His grace to help you along the way.
Praise our Lord for His grace and Mercy, which we don’t deserve!

Blessings.


Comments

Popular Posts