Choices

Does God give us choices, or do we have rely on him for everything. Does God make the choices for us?

Its a difficult one because I often expect God to jump up when I come accross a problem and intervene and say, "you leave it, I will deal with it!"
But then I get confused when I read the Word of God and says in a nutshell that we should really leave our problems to God and He will sort them out. I dont know, I am not sure if I feel that sometimes.

But we have choices. We have to work in tune with God. We cant get ourselves into a situation, after God has probably quietly told us to not go down that route....and then expect Him to 'sort it out'..
We have choices to make, God gives us the freedom to make them, but He does expect us to make our choices in line with His Word....
Here is 5 choices that you have as a person....

1. I can choose to get healthier. What is the point ofsitting at home, couch potato, eating bad food, getting overweifght and then moaning about it because you cant run or you just get tired to qucikly. You made the choice, and you can change it.

2. I can choose to deepen relationships. The fear of rejection prevents connection, and the only way to get rid of fear is to do the thing you fear the most. Learn communication skills, replace bad relationships, reach out and risk connecting with someone. “Let love be your highest goal!” (1 Corinthians 14:1 NLT)

3. I can choose to trust God no matter what happens. “I will always thank the Lord; I will never stop praising him” (Psalm 34:1 LB). When you get to the point in your life where you can say, “I praise the Lord no matter what happens,” that is a confidence that you wont find God in your car to work or in your home. That is a confidence built on a relationship with God! You just know that He is there all the time.

4. I can choose what I think about. “Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think” (Romans 12:2 NLT). The way you hink about situations = the way you react to them. If you get upset about a bad drive on the road who has cut you off, you make the choice to get angry about it and continually think how to 'cut him off' as well. (Getting back at him)

5. I can choose Jesus as my Savior. I’m not just talking about Jesus saving you from your sins. I’m talking about letting Jesus be your savior every day. Letting Jesus save you gives you the power to follow through on the choices you make. “Anyone who is joined to Christ is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17 LB).

You get to choose how much God blesses your life; he is just waiting on you to use your wild card. It is never too late to change. When you make these five winning choices, God gives you a winning hand.

What choices have you made?

Blessings

Comments

Popular Posts