Thoughts taking you over?

Often I get into a situation where someone has said something to me, about me or about my personality which has really hit home.
I have been called everything under the sun, direct insults that really hurt. Its a situation where whatever thoughts I have in my head are now ruling over they way I act and talk.

To me, there are two ways you can handle a situation like this where a person has belittled you. You can either take it to heart, stew over the comments and sometimes think of a good retaliation OR you can think to yourself, well I don't need to listen to people like
this and I don't believe that what they are saying is true.

You have thoughts in your head, things like: "Did the person mean what they say? Did the person say it out of anger and maybe not mean anything? I don't know, if someone says something to you/about you, I suppose it depends on how sensitive you are, but to me, it is a direct insult.
I am sure I am not the only person who has had this or felt like this.
 
Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts. (Proverbs 4:23)

If you choose to stew over what someone has said to you or about you, it will come out in your actions and the way you speak to people. Because maybe one person upset you, you become bitter and angry inside and you "may take it out" on others who don't deserve it.
This leads to a vicious circle because people will then not want to be around you because of the way you talk to them and then they talk behind your back causing you to be angry with them etc etc etc...
What I am trying to do now is to right off negative influence one by one. If someone has hurt you or has brought negativity into your life, get rid of the dry branches (cut them out of your life).
This may be very difficult when it comes to family and those close to you.

Don't let your thoughts run you down, don't let your thoughts run your day and ruin your day, don't let you thoughts become your ruler and change the way you are.
  The Bible says: Let God transform you by changing what you think (Romans 12:2)

God is the most powerful. May a good thing to do is consult or think about Gods peacefulness, Gods purity and His plan for your life. Take 2 minutes and then carry on with your life. You will find that when you concentrate on God for even 2 minutes,
His presence is just so great, that He tends to bring a blanket of peace over the situation.
Take you problems to God, don't try sort them out yourself!

Blessings
Cuan

Comments

Popular Posts