Dont give Satan a foothold...(Gods Absence)

I pray and pray and nothing happens. I talk to God in the car while driving, I talk to God while in my garden and even while watching TV.

But what does this get me....silence!
No-one is listening, nothing changes, I may as well talk to the dog or my flowers because I would get the same 'nothing' response.
I feel abandoned and left out by God, that I have sinned so much and so badly that He has given up on me.

This thought pattern is the devil getting a foothold. He is doing it well, he is in there and has caught me hook, line and sinker and he's loving it.

Lets look a little at Psalm 13. (Verse 1+2 NIV)
How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?


David had the same thoughts (Not just me), David felt alone and like God was ignoring Him. He also felt that God was ignoring him.
But as we know, as Christians, that God doesn't ignore us. God always listens. He may choose not to act which comes across as Him ignoring you, but He is still listening.

God always knows what is better for you. After all, He created you, He created your life plan and He will not help you to your demise if you choose that path. God will act, however, if you pray and ask within His will for you and your life.

Verse 5:
But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.


As Christians we are called to trust God in anything and everything. When it seems that He isn't listening, straight away the devil puts his little claws in your thoughts and makes you think that God is ignoring you. Gods Word tells us that God always listens to us. Trust that.
Don't let the devil get involved in your thoughts.

We have to understand that God is in control, He always will be.You are not in control of your life. You do not get to make the decisions. If you do, without God, you are doomed to fail.
If I experience silence from God,I often try to look at the faith of other people. Its encourages me to see what God is doing in their life. It also encourages me to see that sometimes they also feel ignored (not only me) and that they have the same 'issues' i have.
Often, moments of silence don't mean God is ignoring you. They mean that God is trying to push you to another level of trust in Him. He wont just give you what you want, but He calls you to trust Him in everything.

We have to break our dependency on ourselves to make the decisions and rule our lives.
We need to make sure that the devil does not get access into you thoughts in moments of silence.
God is NOT ignoring you, no matter what thought you have. Don't let the devil allow himself to get entangles in your thoughts and change the Word of God so that it suites him.
We can also allow the faith of others to strengthen our faith in Christ. We are called to be one family and not divided. If you feel that you are being ignored by God, speak to another child of God. Most of the time, you will find that they have felt the same or have been in the same position. But often they will offer you words of encouragement which is all you need to 're-trust' in God.

Finally Verse 6:
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
for he has been good to me.


Praise the Lord for He is good!
Amen.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts