My questions before was:
- Well God says He has gifted me, but how and what gifts do I have?
- How would I possibly act out my gifts to benefit anyone?
- Why me?
From Romans 12: exhortation, giving, leadership, mercy, prophecy, service, teaching
From Ephesians 4: apostleship, evangelism, pastorship, prophecy, teaching
From 1 Corinthians 12: administration, apostle, discernment, faith, healing, helps, knowledge, miracles, prophecy, teaching, tongues, tongues interpretation, wisdom
There are so many gifts that God promises in the Bible, do you have any of them. Think about what you enjoy doing, what brings up a real PASSION in your heart to do something, to help others, to glorify God, Is one of these gifts something that rings a bell?
For me, at the beginning, there wasn't. I felt slightly dis-orientated because if I look at any one of them in this list (and there are others as well), I cant see myself doing any of them. I would be too scared, afraid of being ridiculed, afraid of failure....
Well first of all, you need to know your personal style,:
- are you TASK or PEOPLE centered. Do you enjoy being with people or are you more focused on getting the job done efficiently and correctly.
- are you a structured or un-structured person. In other words, do you like a "hap hazard" events or opportunities or are you very much into routine?
- Based on the above, where do you see yourself. Do you prefer:
- Equipping people
- Ministering to people
- Working behind the scenes
- Up front evangelism (Direct,confrontational?)
Remember, the difference between a gift and a talent is giving as the following:
A person (regardless of his belief in God or in Christ) is given a natural talent as a result of a combination of genetics (some have natural ability in music, art, or mathematics) and surroundings (growing up in a musical family will aid one in developing a talent for music), or because God desired to endow certain individuals with certain talents (for example, Bazeleel in Exodus 31:1-6). Spiritual gifts are given to all believers by the Holy Spirit (Romans 12:3; 6) at the time they place their faith in Christ for the forgiveness of their sins. At that moment, the Holy Spirit gives to the new believer the spiritual gift(s) He desires the believer to have (1 Corinthians 12:11).
Spiritual Gifts are used to GLORIFY God and EDIFY others.
Pray about your gifts, where God wants you to use them, Why, when, How?
Bless you as you go forward and think about what God had giving us as free gift to praise His name and Bless others.
So the answer is...We are all Spiritually gifted when we accept Christ, ts up to you to find your niche!