Christian living Guidelines?

One would think that when you join a company that there a certain set of rules that you need to abide to.
Or are they rules?

Things like, respect your colleagues, operate in a professional manner, don't argue and engage in fighting and quarrels. These aren't rules, they are pretty much an expectation that is set in most work environments.

If you read 2 Timothy 2:15-26, it reads very much the same. God is not imposing rules on us, He is giving us guidelines on how to live a Christian life, as we would expect. Things like:
  • Avoid Arguing and foolish talk
  • Be a good worker so you are not ashamed
  • Turn away from evil
  • Run away from youthful lust
  • Pursue righteousness, love, faithfulness and peaceful lives
  • Enjoy companionship
These aren't rules, they are ways that we should live our christian lives all the time.
Yes, they are hard, as there are loads of people out there, including us, that engage in foolish arguments and fights, but we need to turn from that and face God.

As I write this, I look at my life. I often engage in fighting, arguing, un-peaceful living, gossipping, slander, unrighteousness.
But I am forgiven right?
It doesn't make it right that I live these things, BUT confessing them to God and trying to turn from them is where I should be heading for!
I look back and think, what has been the point of arguing with someone over a certain topic, whether it be work, finance, personal relationship? It just ends in hurt, saying things I don't mean and disengaging from the other person. Is this necessary? Its certainly not peaceful living, always knowing that you have hurt someone by 'having the last say'!

Being pure is what God wants from us. Turning from evil is what God needs from us.
We can do it, with His help and guidance...we just have to "want" to do it, something which I particularly struggle with.

Look at Psalm 34:14:
Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it.

I have some serious praying and consulting with God to do, as alot of the subjects listed above are apart of my life and I need God to help me rid them. How do we do it:
Pray, Confess with Heart, and Turn away from it

Blessings
Reading: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Tim%202:15-26&version=NLT

Comments

Popular Posts