How far is the East from The West?

Psalm 103:12 - as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
What does this mean? Well God is saying that our sins are forgiven forever if we ask His forgiveness. But just what does He mean here - the whole East to West thing?

If you started walking somewhere on earth in a Northerly direction you would reach the North pole sometime, but then after that (if you carried on walking in straight line), you would end up walking south, towards the South pole. L
Likewise if you swapped that around you would either be walking north or south but after sometime, that would swap to south or south depending on your direction.

Now if you started at the same point as above and walked in a westerly direction, you would never come to a place where you started walking east. You would always be walking in a westerly direction, forever, for eternity!
East does not meet west and west does not meet east!

So, wherever you are on earth, if you ask God for forgiveness, you will be forgiven. You will be able to turn the other way and walk, and never have to pass that place again!
Isn't that wonderful.

Let all that I am, praise the Lord. Don't let others stop you from fully praising the Lord. Sometimes we feel embarrassed to sing out loud to the Lord or worship Him. The Lord wants all of us and if we are embarrassed by the Lord, He will be embarrassed by us when judgement day comes.
Praise all that the Lord has given us, all the time, forever!

Amen

Just to leave off with some of the lyrics from the Casting crowns song "East to West":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyoVJfADlwo

Jesus, can You show me just how far
The east is from the west?
'Cause I can't bear to see the man I've been
Come rising up in me again

In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
'Cause You know just how far
The east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I know You've washed me white
Turned my darkness into light
I need Your peace to get me through
To get me through this night

I can't live by what I feel
About the truth Your word reveals
And I'm not holding onto You
But You're holding onto me, You're holding onto me

Comments

Popular Posts