Sometimes I think...sorry, I KNOW....that I am way off track.
In order to experience personal revival, we need to live in personal fullness of what Jesus Christ did for us on the cross. We don't have to achieve anything, it has already been done for us. What we need to do is ask Jesus to open our eyes and minds to the Holy Spirit and to help us understand Gods Word, Know God and what He wants to do for us.
We can pray for a deeper understanding and indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our lives and what the Holy Spirit wants in our lives.
Here are some questions that you could ask yourself on a daily basis. These are just some but certainly brought a new "understanding" to my life. Answer them honestly:
- Do I tell the truth at all times?
- Do I swear (even in my thoughts)?
- Do I have family prayers with my family?
- Do I treat my wife with courtesy?
- Do I regard the possessions of my house Mine or Gods?
- BIG ONE! DO others see Jesus Christ in me?
- Do i read the Word of God everyday?
- Is my quiet time really an encounter with God?
- Is quiet time a priority everyday?
- Do I criticise?
- Do I truly love those who work with me?
- Do I seek my own interest or that of others?
- Do I pursue my work/interests over Gods?
We need a personal revival in our lives. One that allows God in our lives and one that allows God to rule our being and our everything.
How do we do this?
- Repent from every known sin (I will not go to bed without confessing all known sin to God)
- Remove all evil habits and nature. (Remove these before going to bed every night)
- Make right any wrongs between yourself and others. (If possible, do this before going to bed at night) - Really difficult
- Trust God to use you as an instrument in others lives.
(The above contains excerpts from the Jericho Walls documentation)