Christians are not to fear the devil ... but that doesn't mean they are to remain uninformed of his devices -- uninformed of his influence in their lives, nor in the lives of others!
First of all, lets look at some of the tactics that the devil uses to try and 'manipulate' your faith in Christ:
- The devil tries to make us believe in his subtle lies. Those lies that He keeps on trying to tell us sub-consciencely. The devil tries to tell us that "little" things that we do are still alright.
- The devil tries to make evil things look "exciting". Things that he knows that would possibly enjoy doing, and then he will make us believe that it would alright in Gods eyes.
- The devil tries to discourage us all the time. he will make us null over our bad points and things that we do wrong. According to the devil there is no way out, once you have sinned, its over for you. He just picks and picks at all your little flaws and shortcomings and exaggerates and blows them up out of all proportion!
- A lot of people condemn themselves & feel bad and wicked because they've thought or been tempted with sinful thoughts, but even JESUS was tempted in all points the same as we are!
- Because the devil has no power over God, doesn't mean he is not a very cunning spirit. he is always around, always waiting, always willing to tempt you and always waiting for your next move....
How do we stand against the devil and STAND UP FOR OUR GOD?
- Memorise Scripture from the Lords Word. Rebuke the devil and Stand Up for Your Lord.
- We need to live according to His Word. This means knowing Gods Word. In every circumstance, try to go back to Gods Word to see what you should do. What is wrong and right. This is always a fantastic tactic to keep the devil out of influencing us.
- Grow our knowledge in Christ, Know what kind of person Jesus was and try be the same. Obviously, we humans, are a sinful race, but Jesus knows this. We need to try and "be" and "do" what Jesus did. He was our example on earth. He died on the cross like we should die to sin and He ascended to heaven, like we will do one day when our Saviour returns to earth to collect His people.
- Stand against other religious sects that try to 'persuade' you otherwise against God. This does not mean that we should "rubbish" other religions, but it means understanding their believes, understanding why you don't believe in what they believe and not causing anger between different religious people. Different religious people will try and say that Jesus was a mere prophet and try and punt their God. Its your decision.
- Use the Armour of Christ against evil. Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.